1.1K views

Update by user Dec 01, 2016

This Skechers Go Walk shoe soles have little bumps and gaps between the bumps.Based on how the bumps wear out, I believe it has a potential to create a suction effect causing the shoe to stick to the ground temporarily and it has to be taken off with force.

When you walk, if one feet moves forward and the the shoe on the other feet sticks to the ground, you have a potential to fall. This is what happens when you wear these shoes and you have totally no control on how you will be injured. I had a suspicion it was the shoe as I didn't see anything abnormal on the ground that would cause me to trip.

Later, after the fall and injury, I googled and I found this site where others have had falls and fractures due to this shoe.I believe this can happen and I feel sorry for everyone who was injured just because they wore this Skechers Go Walk shoe.

Original review posted by user Nov 30, 2016

I have using a Skechers Go Walk shoe with Goga mat padding on the inside for the last 3 months or so.I liked the comfort of the shoes and I used to walk with them.

Last week, I was about to trip at a parking lot, I managed to balance and avoid a fall, I didn't notice anything on the ground that would cause the trip. I had a suspicion it could be the shoe, but couldn't confirm it. Yesterday, I went for a short walk in my neighborhood. There was nothing on the sidewalk and I suddenly fell flat on my face bruising my lips and breaking two of my teeth.

I had to rush for dental emergency and they indicated that teeth are badly cracked, I have to extract it and since they are the front teeth, I need to so some implant or bridge replcament procedures. I am not only disfigured by this accident, I also need to incur a lot of expense to fix my broken teeth. I would really like to protest to Skechers to stop selling this shoe. I would also like some compensation for the damage it has caused me.

I can provide photos, Xrays and billing proof for the procedures I am about to go through.I dread buying Skechers and I would like to spread the word to others so they could avoid such unfortunate injuries.

This reviewer shared experience and wants this business to offer any options to resolve the issue as the author lost $3000. The author is overall dissatisfied with Skechers and uploaded picture s. The most disappointing about skechers gowalk sneakers from Skechers was sole design that sticks to the ground causing falls , but reviewer liked comfort. Reviewer wants customer support to reach out to him or her ASAP for further discussion of this matter.

Also, you can continue reading comments about Skechers.

Check out the best and the worst companies in Footwear and Clothing category for more informed decision or compare Skechers to other companies on our site.

Had an Experience with Skechers?

Comments

Skechers go shoes are terrible.They are causing me to trip constantly.

I have no problems with other tennis shoes.Is Sketchers going to reimburse pepole for their mistake?

I have fallen three times in them. The last time most serious, busted open my lip, bruised my elbow and broke my New IPhone!

Has anyone that's been injured found an attorney to have Sketchers pay for damages & pain & suffering?

Email me at sandollarsd@aol.com

I live in California

to Self #1360977

Yes.I fell using sketchers and broke a rib, fracture my skull had a brain bleed and injured my shoulder and more.

Same thing happened foot seemed to have been suction d to the floor and the next thing I knew I was face down on the mall floor.I have not contacted sketchers yet I will

Clover, South Carolina, United States #1331548

Just left the hospital with a broken kneecap. Doctor and staff have seen many injuries due to this shoe.

shobana
to Carolyn Pleasanton, California, United States #1331558

Sorry to hear about your broken knee cap.Someone on this form is taking it up with an attorney.

We can all spread the word and also write to Skecher's legal department, so they would at least investigate the issue.Perhaps the hospital staff could support the fact that they have seen many injuries.

Hope you recover well.

to shobana #1347464

Hello to all sketchers consumers, please keep me updated with any results of reaching out to Corporate or a atty.I just wrote in today after reading so many complaints.

After wearing memory foam, go walks and another pair that I can't remember right now I suffered low back and knee pain from all the many time I've tripped, stubbled and lost my balance while wearing these shoes which would grip and surface.

I can be reached at keenandemar@Gmail.com.Thank you.

to Carolyn #1331742

I have 2 pair of these shoes, purchased from QVC. I am holding on to them, but definitely not wearing them anymore!!

North Carolina, United States #1326657

Why are we not getting compensation for our injures.My shoe caused me to fall at an airport last week.

My face is still black and blue and swollen. My vacation was ruined.

I'm getting an attorney.Dwebbwedr@aol.com

North Carolina, United States #1326646

I see so many similar complaints.Why hasn't anyone tried to get Skechers to accept responsibility?

I fell at an airport wearing the shoes which caught on the very smooth surface.

I was taken to emergency with a serious head wound and other bruises and abrasions.Please contact me at dwebbwedr@aol.com