2.9K views

Update by user Dec 01, 2016

This Skechers Go Walk shoe soles have little bumps and gaps between the bumps. Based on how the bumps wear out, I believe it has a potential to create a suction effect causing the shoe to stick to the ground temporarily and it has to be taken off with force.

When you walk, if one feet moves forward and the the shoe on the other feet sticks to the ground, you have a potential to fall. This is what happens when you wear these shoes and you have totally no control on how you will be injured. I had a suspicion it was the shoe as I didn't see anything abnormal on the ground that would cause me to trip.

Later, after the fall and injury, I googled and I found this site where others have had falls and fractures due to this shoe. I believe this can happen and I feel sorry for everyone who was injured just because they wore this Skechers Go Walk shoe.

Original review posted by user Nov 30, 2016

I have using a Skechers Go Walk shoe with Goga mat padding on the inside for the last 3 months or so. I liked the comfort of the shoes and I used to walk with them.

Last week, I was about to trip at a parking lot, I managed to balance and avoid a fall, I didn't notice anything on the ground that would cause the trip. I had a suspicion it could be the shoe, but couldn't confirm it. Yesterday, I went for a short walk in my neighborhood. There was nothing on the sidewalk and I suddenly fell flat on my face bruising my lips and breaking two of my teeth.

I had to rush for dental emergency and they indicated that teeth are badly cracked, I have to extract it and since they are the front teeth, I need to so some implant or bridge replcament procedures. I am not only disfigured by this accident, I also need to incur a lot of expense to fix my broken teeth. I would really like to protest to Skechers to stop selling this shoe. I would also like some compensation for the damage it has caused me.

I can provide photos, Xrays and billing proof for the procedures I am about to go through. I dread buying Skechers and I would like to spread the word to others so they could avoid such unfortunate injuries.

This reviewer shared experience and wants this business to offer any options to resolve the issue as the author lost $3000. The author is overall dissatisfied with Skechers and uploaded picture s. The most disappointing about skechers gowalk sneakers from Skechers was sole design that sticks to the ground causing falls , but reviewer liked comfort. Reviewer wants customer support to reach out to him or her ASAP for further discussion of this matter.

Also, you can continue reading comments about Skechers.

Check out the best and the worst companies in Footwear and Clothing category for more informed decision or compare Skechers to other companies on our site.

Comments

I fell three times wearing these shoes. From reading this post I was lucky that my injury was only a black eye from hitting my glasses on the ground and a few scrapes and bruised knees. How about stepping up Skechers and compensating these people,

I’ve had a similar experience it was blamed on the fact that I have a disability

Fell while walking to checkout at Home Goods have stumbled in these Sketchers before but this THIS was a serious fall. I didn’t stand a chance at recovery with planted foot and my momentum moving forward it’s incredible that nothing was broken.

Contusion s/ deep bruises/ a bone chip yes but so lucky not to crack a wrist, a leg, an arm etc That Sketchers is unresponsive to these complaints and has not recalled or discontinued these shoes is mind bongling! Class action suit should be undertaken.

Look at the comments on this site. Can you imagine those who have suffered an injury and not thought it was the SHOE?

I met a friend yesterday who had a very serious fall due to, in her opinion sketchers go walk. as I have had a few near accidents myself I thought I would check online before my next purchase.

my friend didn't even get a reply to her complaint from sketchers. I have now changed my mind and will be looking for a different trainer

shobana

Very Sorry to see so many people going through these unfortunate accidents. This is not getting much attention since we are still a minority compared to the others who have not yet met with these accidents.

We cannot wait for more injuries to happen, obviously! It is painful not being able to do anything in spite of experiencing what can go wrong while wearing these shoes. We can try the following steps.1) We can spread the word through our network and blogs2) We can write to SkechersCustomer service Phone -PHONE:1-800-746-3411Skechers USAAttn: Legal Dept,225, Sepulveda Blvd,Manhattan Beach,California902663. We can protest in front of the stores to get some attention4.

We could go through the attorney to get Skechers to look at this shoe design. If anyone has any contacts with lawyers, please see if anything can be done.

YES, my husband just had a fall with sketchers the same way. His sneaker suctioned itself to the ground.

He's now being treaded for a hairline fracture in the kneecap. The worst part is that Sketchers won't even acknowledge and re=look at the design of the bottom of the sneaker so to avoid injuries to other customers.

I was walking toward the greetingcard section at Target. when my shoe stuck to the floor and I went flying flat face down, cutting y lip, scraping my knee, twisting my arm.When store personal came to help me I saw my shoe still stuck to the floor.I am oe lucky person not to have broken any bones.Needless to say I will not be wearing my sketchers to go any more.

In November 20I7 I was walking my dog, stepped up onto the footpath & for no apparent reason I fell to the ground injuring my knee & fracturing my left wristI too have wondered how many people have had injuries earring these shoes, there is no way I will ever buy these shoes again

I also was badly injured on March 17, 2018, in Australia, wearing those dangerous sneakers. I fell in the lobby of a hotel on a marble floor and fractured my left hip and right arm, causing severe pain. It was a nightmare trying to get home to the USA from halfway around the world.

to Cathyg #1461167

I have a similar injury that took place 01/28/18. I'd really like to connect with those injured.

to Cathyg #1494603

Cathy, I am currently handling a matter for an individual who sustained serious injuries after his Go Walk shoe suctioned to a tile floor causing him to trip and fall. If you have the opportunity, give me a call to discuss the facts and circumstances surrounding your trip and fall.

There are a number of reported incidents similar to yours. Ronald Zakarin, Esq.

to zakarinlegal #1506657

Mr Zakarin I had a terrible fall wearing sketchers this past weekend. I’ve noted it in the comment section ( Sandi/Home Goods) I have not try to connect with Sketchers as it seems they are unresponsive.

If a class action suit is brought or if you have any recommendations pls lmk. Btw I have pictures and X-rays Thanks Sandi

Adding myself to the injured list of go walks. Pecking on here with one hand due to tripping and falling and breaking two bones in my arm that had to have surgery for.

I had noticed a stumbled a bit in these shoes like someone mentioned stubbing their toe. These shoes need to be recalled due to all the injuries I have read about. Another friend fell after my incident and broke her back. Again with the go walks.

I am terrified to walk and not fall now. I will never spend another dime on Schechers shoes and tell all I knows of my experience with go walks.

Are there any law suits against Sketchers Go Walk shoes? I fell June 14, 2017 because toe of shoe stopped me.

I incurred $4000 in ER visit. I'm still fighting shoulder pain.

to Judy Mills #1494597

Judy, I am investigating a case for an individual who tripped and fell when his Go Walk shoe suctioned to the ground causing serious injuries. I would welcome the opportunity to speak with you regarding your situation.

Feel free to call my office to discuss. Ronald Zakarin, Esq.

Has sketchers done anything for your injuries?

to Elaine #1387744

Sorry to see so many people continuing to get injured by this Skechers shoes, we can atleast spread the word to reduce these accidents. The ultimate solution is for Skechers to stop selling these shoes. Skechers hasn't done anything, I have not taken up any legal measures as well.

to Shobsns #1407316

Do you think we should start a class action suit?

Zapato

I was using my new pair of Skechers Goga, and my shoes got stuck in the floor with not reason, nothing else was there, after 1month of recuperation I have the energies to research about this problem and realized that there many people with the same problem, suffering different injuries,

I would like to take legal services on this subject

Since this company is not resolving the problem or paying the bills caused for this falls.

Regards