2.2K views
2.0

I purchased a pair of Skechers memory foam sneakers last year.I wore them for a week or two.I woke up one morning and felt a pain on the inside of my left ankle.there was also swelling and a burning sensation in that area as well.I notice these shoes don't have arch support.An MRI showed I have a tear of the posterior tibial tendon.I now have to wear a boot all day to relieve the pain in my ankle.This has greatly affected my everyday life.I can no longer do the things I would life to do.Anyone reading this should stay away from Skechers memory foam sneakers.I would love to hear from others who have had similar problems with these shoes.

Review about: Skechers Relaxed Fit Shoes.

Reason of review: Bad quality.

Comments

I have worn skechers for a long time. `After buying some new ones and wearing them constantly on holiday, I have developed tendonitis in both ankles.

The skechers are the only explanation for the damage. I'm so disappointed!

Yeah I purchase a pair of sketchers w memory foam my big right toe turn white calloused like toe nail fungus only right foot they hurt so bad I return them to. Kohls bare foot surprised they didn't notice me

I wish I came across this page before buying Sketchers. I'm in my late 20s and the arch area of my right foot hurts all the time.

I'm getting foot massages and it's slowly getting better. These shoes feel really good when you're trying them out at the store and only after a few months you notice the long-term damage to your feet. Just like memory foam mattresses are bad for your back, I think there is no reason for shoes to have memory foam either. Up until 10 years ago we did fine without them.

A lot of my friends wear sketchers, but I guess every one is different.Just like others have mentioned, I did not realize that my pains were due to my shoes, until it was too late.The shoes did hurt, but the primary killer for me were the flip-flops. My pains got much worse after buying them. This is when I started suspecting my footwear.

Can't believe I paid $35 for them.I went to Walmart and bought a pair of flip-flops for 98 cents. I wore them for 2 hours and I already noticed the difference.

Hi, i bought memory foam sketchers too, having problems with my right feet and feel like the feet is changing shape! Very disapointed :(

I can’t wear them either. They tend to make my ankles turn out when I walk.

I was just at a Skechers store tonight in Limerick PA and asked about the original D’lites without the foam and they had none. They only have one type of athletic sneakers without it. The centennials but they are only available in two colors. I buy them when I can find them which is rare.

Athletic shoes shouldn’t have it. There is no support.

I have been wearing Sketchers for about 2 years. My feet began killing me and unfortunately I did not make the connection until long after.

I went and bought some New Balance and put some support inserts in there and it's getting better, but those Sketchers really messed me up bad! I had no idea shoes could do that!

to John #1492451

did the pain and problems with your feet resolve and how long did it take? I have two pair and after wearing them within no time at all I started having feet pain and couldn't figure out why and my feet are killing me now and I'm very active and have never had any problems like that with shoes.

I purchased Sketchers memory foam sneakers a couple of years ago thinking they would be comfortable and good for my feet. I developed plantar fasciitis in both feet.

I asked my doctor about the shoes and he said that memory foam is a terrible trend for feet.

It took nearly 6 months to heal. I will never wear memory foam shoes again and am disturbed by the fact that I can barely find any shoes without them nowadays.

to Ella Marx #1485419

The same exact thing happened with me. I had no idea what had happened to my feet.

I didn't figure it out until recently. I got some New Balance and put some plantar fasciitis inserts in there.

It's only been a few days but I think it's getting better. The pain has been nearly crippling.

Skechers memory foam shoes hurt my feet awful bad after buying new just 3 weeks ago. I have never had this problem before in 55 years.

we have been supplied there golf shoes this year for county golfworn them 3 times and the right shoe has caused me to get achellies tendonitisnot happy Sketchers

I, unfortunately, just made the connection between these shoes and my back pain. I’d been fine for months, but I just wore them again a couple of days ago (and then again for a few hours yesterday), and now it hurts to flex my spine. I can’t believe how comfortable they appear the feel in the moment and how much damage they do.

I purchased some memory foam sketchers as well and now both ankles are swollen and painful. These shoes are getting trashed.

Developed serious pain in both feet between heel and toes. After a couple weeks been hurting for a 2 weeks now after I stopped wearing them. Horrible product!