I just sustained a terrible fall while walking with a friend on Bloor St west in Toronto. The side walk was smooth and clear so it was not the tripping cause.

I was wearing sketchers go walk shoes. The shoe stuck or griped the sidewalk and I fell hard. I fell on my knee and took a blow to my upper right thigh. A crowd of people gathered and were very kind.

My friend was terrified. I was so grateful that I did not break anything. I will not wear those shoes ever again. It scared me too much.

I feel that they are a health hazard. I also bought two pairs for my elderly mom. I noticed the shoes stuck to the floor-gripped the floor and she nearly tripped a couple of times. I don't feel she is safe in those shoes and will be looking for something else for her to wear.

Too bad as they were expensive, she loves them and they are easy to get on and off. I don't need her to have an increased risk of falling because of the shoes I bought for her.

Product or Service Mentioned: Skechers Gowalk 2 Shoes.

Reason of review: i experienced a fall related to wearing these shoes.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

I liked: Machine washable, Comforable.

Comments

I also have fallen 3 times on my knees wearing these sneakers.

I have had two serious falls and several stumbles in these shoes. I purchased two pairs of the same style different colors.

The first fall was outside on a sidewalk. I suffered abrasions on both knees that lasted for weeks, and I was sore for a couple of days.

I quit wearing those shoes, but had a hard fall in the lobby of a hospital A couple months later in the other pair. I now have both pairs in a trash bag.

I have stumbled a couple times wearing my lace-up Skechers but was able to avoid a fall. A friend has fallen wearing Skechers and suffered multiple injuries; she is throwing hers away. I wear mine very carefully.

Not just the Go walk Type I trip in all their styles

I fell on 7/25/2018 wearing my sketchers . They graped the floor.

yeap have a fx hip with a nail/ rod. Had emergency surgery . Was a healthy active 64 yr old woman.

Not any more. Thank you sketchers

I fell three times at my grandsons communion party. The last time I hit my head and was unconscious.

I did notice that when I wear them I trip a lot. Is there anything we can do to get the word out that sketches are un safe?

I also fell hard on a marble floor and fractured my left hip and right arm.

Same thing happened at work yesterday to an older woman. I had previously tripped several times in my Skechers.

After seeing the older woman fall, I have decided to stop wearing mine. It's a shame too because they are so comfortable.

Ottawa, Ontario, Canada #1229236

I have had exactly the same problem with these shoes. So bad that whilst shopping in a Target store I tripped breaking my ring finger & dislocating my knee.

I no longer will not wear the shoes & believe that they are dangerous the way they grab smooth floors. Ian M.

to Anonymous Valley Stream, New York, United States #1330378

I also fell hard on the tile floor in the mall, fractured my skull brain bleed , needed stitches on my face and broke a rib. Do I

think these sneakers are a danger yes they are . I plan on contacting the company

to Anonymous #1579777

Reported this several times to Skechers,they will not respond.