Skechers - Sketchers Go Walk caused me to fall and my elderly mom to stumble

19 of 227 Skechers reviews

I just sustained a terrible fall while walking with a friend on Bloor St west in Toronto.The side walk was smooth and clear so it was not the tripping cause.

I was wearing sketchers go walk shoes. The shoe stuck or griped the sidewalk and I fell hard. I fell on my knee and took a blow to my upper right thigh. A crowd of people gathered and were very kind.

My friend was terrified. I was so grateful that I did not break anything. I will not wear those shoes ever again. It scared me too much.

I feel that they are a health hazard. I also bought two pairs for my elderly mom. I noticed the shoes stuck to the floor-gripped the floor and she nearly tripped a couple of times. I don't feel she is safe in those shoes and will be looking for something else for her to wear.

Too bad as they were expensive, she loves them and they are easy to get on and off.I don't need her to have an increased risk of falling because of the shoes I bought for her.

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.
Report Comment Private message author

More Review Details

• What I liked
    • Machine washable
    • Comforable
  • What I disliked
      No items

Reason of review:
i experienced a fall related to wearing these shoes
Preferred solution:
Let the company propose a solution
Product or service
Skechers Gowalk 2 Shoes
Review category
Footwear and Clothing
review #938126 by

Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more

Had an experience with Skechers? Submit review ›
Helpful? 3 Yes 3 0 No 0
Had the same issue 2 Yes 2
19 of 227 Skechers reviews
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Log in
OR Is it your business? Respond to your
customers as verified company representative.
Apply for a Free Plan

Oct 19 #1229236 Ottawa, Ontario, Canada

I have had exactly the same problem with these shoes. So bad that whilst shopping in a Target store I tripped breaking my ring finger & dislocating my knee.
I no longer will not wear the shoes & believe that they are dangerous the way they grab smooth floors. Ian M.

2 0 Reply
Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.